At The Immigration Law Firm of New Orleans, we work with clients in immigration law cases in Louisiana, Mississippi and throughout the United States. Attorney Michael Gahagan understands the frustration many people face as they work through the immigration process. Mr. Gahagan became an immigration attorney because he could not find a good quality immigration attorney to help him and his family.
We don't want you to have that experience. We are available for our clients, and we promptly return calls if we are not available right away. We will work closely with you throughout the process and help you find the best solution for your unique situation.
Contact an experienced New Orleans immigration law attorney today
If you had a negative experience with an immigration attorney — perhaps you got bad advice or paid for services you never received — attorney Michael Gahagan can evaluate what happened and identify your options moving forward. We frequently help clients correct problems.
We work with clients in a variety of immigration law cases. We will listen carefully to your story and will offer you personalized legal counsel on your case.
- Marriage and fiancée visas: Simply marrying an American citizen is not enough to stay in the United States. It is important to correctly file all of the necessary immigration documents to obtain a marriage visa or lawful permanent residence.
- Naturalization and citizenship:Our citizenship lawyer assists people in naturalization, which is the process of obtaining citizenship.
- Adjustment of status: You must file for adjustment of status prior to the expiration of your current status. Failing to do so could lead to deportation.
- Removal and Deportation defense: If you or your loved one was arrested, you may be facing deportation. We work with clients to help get people out of custody (bond out) and defend them against removal/deportation.
- Work visas: In the United States, there are numerous types of work visas available. Applying for the right visa is crucial, but understanding the maze of paperwork surrounding the visas can be frustrating.
- Employment based permanent residence: Many businesses are interested in hiring immigrant workers to stay with the company permanently. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) require extensive paperwork for this, but our attorney can help you through the process.
- Permanent residence (green card): We work with clients to help them complete an adjustment of status to make their residence in the United States permanent.
- Nonimmigrant visas: Getting a visa requires a lot of paperwork and careful preparation of documents. Our attorney — Michael W. Gahagan — can work with you to help you determine what type of visa is necessary for your unique situation.
- Federal litigation: Our attorney engages in litigation in the Federal Courts. This may be necessary when immigration applications are unlawfully denied or delayed, or people are being held too long in immigration custody without bond.
Contact Our Louisiana Citizenship Attorney
To schedule your appointment with an experienced lawyer, please contact our firm or call 504-931-5355 today. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Immigration Law Firm of New Orleans
3445 North Causeway Boulevard
Metairie, Louisiana 70002