The Immigration Law Firm of New Orleans
(504) 931-5355 (504) 931-5355
Main Menu Practice Areas Menu

There are many work visas. Do you know which one you need?

Whether you are job hunting or a New Orleans company hunting for the perfect employee to fill a position, the search can be arduous and challenging under the best of circumstances. If you are not a citizen of the United States, or your favorite candidate is not a U.S. citizen, your pursuit may become even more of a challenge. Not only will it be necessary to go through the process of obtaining a visa, but knowing which of the many work visas best fits your situation may be complex.

For instance, would you need a Temporary Trainee Visa (H-3 Visa) or an Intra-company Trainee Visa (L-1 Visa)? Are you a treaty investor needing an E-1 Visa or a treaty trader needing an E-2 Visa? Are you looking to hire a temporary worker who would need an O Visa, P Visa or R Visa? You may be considered a temporary specialty worker, which requires an H-1B Visa; or, in the alternative, you could be a temporary nonagricultural worker in need of an H-2B Visa. Choosing the wrong visa type could cause significant delays in the process.

You may also find that picking the right visa could be the easiest part of the process. The myriad of paperwork that includes applications and supporting documentation may be enough to drive you crazy. Then, if you overlook something or make a mistake, you could receive a denial, which prolongs the process while you appeal.

As an employee or an employer, experiencing delays due to the complications that can arise with work visas may not sound enticing. In either case, you would probably prefer to get down to business as quickly and efficiently as possible. Involving a New Orleans immigration attorney in your process could alleviate a great deal of stress, frustration and time.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information